Events For 2022
The new year has arrived and with it a whole host of events lined up for the public and tourists alike. Whether that be visiting the ever popular Southport Flower Show or going to visit the world renowned Grand National at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool, you're spoilt for choice.
Here are the events you can visit while enjoying your stay at Le Maitre:
- Aintree Grand National (7th - 9th April)
- Southport Triathlon(22nd May)
- Southport Food & Drink Festival (2nd - 5th June)
- Southport Music Festival (10th - 12th June)
- Smoke & Fire Festival North (18th June)
- Southport Airshow (9th - 10th July)
- Cazoo Classic (21st - 24th July)
- Southport Flower Show (17th - 21st August)
- 24 Hour Yacht Race(10th - 11th September)
- Southport Classic and Speed 10th - 11th September)
- British Music Firework Championship (23rd - 25th September)
- Southport Comedy Festival (30th September - 16th October)
Besides the aforementioned events, Southport also hosts many other attractions that are often open to the public daily.
If rollercoasters and rides are your thrill, then why not visit Southport Pleasureland? Or if you fancy winning some prizes on games, get over to Silcock's Funland amusement park. Finally, make a splash at the pool over at Dunes Splash World which also has onsite gym, sports hall and bubble spa. The little yellow train is also available for rides, perfect for the little ones.
There is also a number of parks, gardens, pubs and cafes that can be visited. Kings Gardens is home to the Southport Miniature Village, Crazy Golf and a Children's Play Park. The nearby Marine Lake during summer offers miniboats and speed boat rides, swan and flamingo pedaloes and a leisure cruise boat. A miniature train, is also available to view. Hesketh Park, Victoria Park or the Botanical Gardens over at Churchtown are a nice place to take a stroll, explore and relax.
You can take a peaceful walk along the elegant tree lined Lord Street with gardens and water fountains. The 19th century Atkinson is also open for arts, music concerts, as well as plays and theatre.
If you want to explore beyond Southport, trains are available every 15 minutes to Liverpool, Formby and Crosby.